Thursday, May 24, 2012
1. My sista and I took a lil' ride down the Swamp Rabbit Trail here in Greenville. Our first ride together! I think I'm gonna like this bike thing.
2. She needed some new tires. So I got her some funky orange ones. That's how I roll.
3. The girls and I spent two nights with Jess and the boys while our hubsies were out of town... because that's what mamas do when Daddies are gone. We'd rather go crazy together than go crazy alone.
Bath time has gotten a bit busier since these pictures were taken.
4. I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing this look on her face for years to come.
5. Bribing is essential at the mall.
6. Two very busy, busy bees.
7. Lael and Benson gettin' "warm and cozy" as she would say. She has always said "Gee-Gee" for the word blanket. The G pronounced like in the word girl. Whenever she says a word wrong we're pretty quick to correct her and get her to say it properly, but I just can't seem to bring myself to tell her to say blanket.
"I wanna get warm and cozy wif my gee-gee, Mommy."
So friggin' cute.
8. I was rocked and read to in the same chair. She loves it just as much as I did.
9. They don't make toys like they used to. Can I get an amen? This was my old doctor kit that is kept at my parents' house and it is hands down Lael's favorite toy right now. I couldn't be happier that all of the pieces are still here and intact.
10. Yeah. Freaky. I know. But the girls love this vintage Jack.
11. I love how she snuggles her lovies up to her face.
12. This baby girl...
14. Hello, my sweet eleven month old. Where did the days go?
You can follow me on instagram here:
Thursday, May 17, 2012
I have a new obsession. You may have heard of it. Just a little thing called Instagram.
You can find me here:
Here's some In[sta]gram everyday life
1. We got to visit baby Mac, and Lael. was. smitten.
2. Trey and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary on Monday. I feel like it was so long ago yet still so fresh. Like we are the same yet so different. And like we have grown in so many ways yet we are still most of the time just as goofy and immature as adolescents. This man has loved me fiercely, unselfishly, and above anyone or anything. I am so undeserving of that kind of love. The Lord, no doubt, poured out his blessing on me when He gave me Trey.
3. Thankfully the only itch that has come along with our 7 years is for new road bikes. We decided to scratch it.
3. I kiss her like this about a hundred times a day. One day this will not be cool, so I'm gettin' in all my kisses now.
4. You can never have too many Megans.
5. My mom loves milkshakes. Like, really loves them. Sometimes she'll forgo dinner for a big ol' mickey d's chocolate shake. Turns out Lael shares the milkshake gene with her Pat Pat.
6. Grown women pay good money for volume like this.
She just wakes up with it.
7. "Mommy, wook! I can way down!"
8. I have put off using this monstrosity of a shopping cart for as long as possible, and have now succumb to navigating through Publix with a truck. Daddies have a way of messing with mothering strategies sometimes. ;) Trey took her to the store and let her ride in this. Now there's no going back.
9. My one lone Lo Mein picture of Ruthie. This child is giving me a run for my money and keeps me on my toes, so I have quite a time getting a decent picture of her. She is my noodle lovin' little girl!
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
The southern sunshine is like my therapy,
and these wide open spaces make me breathe easier.
And speaking of sunshine...
this man is like a ray of it all on his own.
It's like he has gold growing out of his head. ;)
When this girl wasn't busy sleeping her life away, she joined us.
And then she pooped.
So she got to go skinny dipping in the sea.
Nothing wrong with a little salt water on the ol' bum.
What's a day on the beach without laying in the sand with your girlfriends?
And hello, Aunt Hottie.
Wouldn't be the same without you here.