Summertime is hands down my favorite season for children's clothes. There is nothing like that beautiful exposed baby skin. I could just kiss that chub all day long.
So before the season is over and these clothes get packed away I wanted to take pictures of my girls wearing the outfits that I made for them this summer. If you want to learn how to sew or you already do sew, consider making some of these next year for your children. I can't tell you how much joy it brings me to see them wearing something that I created and something that can be passed down to the next generation.
1. First up... The Ella romper. I bought this pattern off Etsy from Sew Happy Designs by Carrie and I love the way it turned out. This is the last summer that it will be appropriate for Lael to wear a romper/bubble and I pretty much milked it for all it was worth. I am SO going to miss putting her in these.
2. Next up is the same exact pattern, but I tweaked a couple of things. I widened the straps and the ruffle at the top a bit. The girls wore these for one of Ruthie's birthday celebrations and for the 4th of July. After the 4th I took the American flag buttons off and put on these white ones.
3. In these next pictures Ruthie is wearing a Children's Corner romper called "Taylor" and Lael is wearing a Children's Corner pattern called "Winnie"...
Lael actually wore this one last summer so we've gotten two seasons out of it which is just awesome. Of course, it's a good bit shorter on her this year so I just paired it with some big white ruffle bloomers and it looks precious. Plus, I prefer short dresses on toddler girls anyway.
Ruthie is wearing a romper that I made long before we had children. It was actually one of the first garments that I made when I was learning how to sew. Lael wore this one too, and it has held up so well.
4. These are what I like to call our "Sound of Music" clothes because the fabric reminds me of the curtain fabric that Maria uses to make the children's play clothes. :) You may remember seeing it on the blog last summer here. I used the "Winnie" pattern for Lael's and the "Taylor" pattern for Ruthie's.
Again, Lael's dress was much shorter this year so I used the Children's Corner "Frannie Baby" pattern to make some matching bloomers.
5. Lael's dress, again, was from last year and I made the "Frannie Baby" bloomers to match. Ruthie's is from the "Taylor" pattern.
6. Lastly, Ruthie's is from the "Taylor" pattern and Lael's is from the Children's Corner pattern "Lucy" and paired with "Frannie Baby" bloomers. Both of these were Lael's last year, and though the romper was a tad bit big for Ruthie, it worked and it was great to use them as coordinating outfits.
For both of these I used a lining fabric that was complimentary to the outer fabric. I love to do that when I can. Just adds a little somethin'. Or as Lael likes to say these days, "sumpin'". :)
And because I have been asked before to post photo shoot out-takes... here ya go. For every sweet, smiley, angelic picture there are about 10 like these...